We drove across the US and Canada for 112 days in the summer of 2006 with our two kids (Kadia, 3 1/2 years old and Bryden, 5 months old). The plan was to
- spend quality and quantity together as a family,
- visit a few National Parks,
- check in with a few friends and relatives,
- experience the exhilarating freedom of going to unknown places, and
- scout places to visit in the future
I decided to write about our summer trip across the US/Canada for the following reasons:
- 1. In another few years, it will be great to re-live our trip ourselves and for our kids to learn what we dragged them through and maybe they can get a better understanding of their parents.
- 2. We would like to share our travel experience with friends and others, perhaps providing some pointers to people who are thinking of embarking on such a trip.
- 3. I decided that it would be a great opportunity for me to write something other than technical documents at work. I always want to improve my writing, therefore, all comments are welcome and are appreciated to improve my writing.
- 4. Finally, hopefully, it will inspire you and show that it is possible to embark on such a trip as ours was an unforgettable experience that we would treasure forever.
- 5. Hey, I can turn this blog to a book and say “I publish a book in my life”